After spending your entire day taking care of everyone else, don’t forget about you! As mothers we are care takers. We do it all! If we do not complete most things they will not get done. While you’re out grocery shopping, running errands, taking the children to appointments, or even doing laundry ask yourself.. when was the last time i did something for myself?
Self care should not be looked at as self indulgence. For me, self care is a healthy practice and an act of survival. Never let anyone make you feel as though you are being selfish for caring about your own well being. Here’s a list of things you can do to practice self care.
- Goals – Set a couple goals you will like to see yourself complete in a timely manner.
- Music – Turn on some music that speaks to your entire soul! (Jhene Aiko is my personal favorite)
- Rest – When your mind, body and soul is well rested you will instantly be put into a good mental place.
- Pamper – Go out to the Spa, Nail Salon, Wax bar or Hair Dresser. (Spring Rae Studio, IYKYK)
- Shopping – Go to the mall and buy a new pair of shoes or take that trip to Home Goods and buy all the unnecessary items you know you don’t need.
- Breathe – Just stop everything you’re doing and inhale, exhale.
- Journal- Write everything down that comes to your mind.
- Sweat – Go for a run or even to the gym and break a nice sweat! (If you need a fitness instructor Golden Core Wellness is the best)
- Forgiveness – Have you ever noticed when someone isn’t on your good side, any and everything they do will annoy the living hell out of you? That is called control. Forgive them and let that hurt go boo! Also learn to forgive yourself. Everyone has made mistakes or has done things they aren’t proud of. Don’t beat yourself up about it.
- Socialize – Talk to your girls! Come to my blog and TALK! You will be surprised to know how many women are going through the same things. There is so much we can all relate to. LET’S TALK ABOUT IT SIS!
I challenge everyone reading this blog to practice self care this week! After its done, lets talk about it! Lets talk about how good it made you feel and how often you should practice healing yourself. Although with the pandemic we’re in, it may be impossible to get out and do anything but there is also more than enough ways to practice self care at home.
- SAY NO
- Set Boundaries
- Put Yourself First
- Take A Step Back
- Take a long bath or shower
- Spring Clean Your Home
- Focus on Your Growth
To be a good parent, you need to take care of yourself so that you can have the physical and emotional energy to take care of your family. – Michelle Obama